Directors: Paolo Pasini and Claudio Zannoni
A preliminary list of speakers is the following:
- Prof. A. Farinha Martins (Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal)
- Prof. G. Kothe (Freiburg University, Germany)
- Prof. J.W. Goodby (University of Hull, United Kingdom)
- Prof. D. Guillon (Universite Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France)
- Prof. G.R. Luckhurst (University of Southampton, United Kingdom)
- Prof. G. J. Moro (Universitą di Padova, Italy)
- Prof. D. Photinos (University of Patras, Greece)
- Prof. Claudio Zannoni (Universitą di Bologna, Italy)
- Prof. Jose Lois Serrano (Zaragoza University, Spain)
- § Viscoelastic properties
- § Influence of massive molecular flexibility on liquid crystal phase behaviour
- § Exploration of novel phase types of polar liquid crystal
- § Thermotropic biaxial nematic and orthogonal smectic phases
- § Relationship between molecular chirality and phase chirality
D. DUNMUR (Southampton), G.J. MORO (Padua), P. PASINI (Bologna), C. ZANNONI (Bologna)
More information about the activity of the TMR MOLECULAR DESIGN OF FUNCTIONAL LIQUID CRYSTALS can be found at the network home page http://cfalfa2.chfi.unipd.it/
Persons interested in attending the Course should apply in writing, preferably via e-mail, to:
- Dr. P. Pasini
- INFN Sezione di Bologna
- Via Irnerio 46,
- 40126 Bologna
- Prof. C. Zannoni
- Dipart. di Chimica Fisica e Inorganica,
- Universita`, Viale Risorgimento 4,
- 40136 Bologna
Young persons with only a few years of experience should enclose a letter of recommendation from their research group leader or from another senior scientist active in the field.
The cost, which includes full board and lodging, as well as transportation from and to Palermo Airport (arranged by the School) is US. $ 110 per day.
Closing date for application: April 15th, 1999.
- Communication (letter or email) will be sent to successful applicants by March 30th, 1999.
- More information about this School and the other activities of the Ettore Majorana Centre can be found on the WWW at the following addresses: http://www.ccsem.infn.it/.